My Blog List

Thursday, May 4, 2017

Peco Track

Hello everyone I thought I was going to discuss my latest locomotive but change my mind because we have been discussing it over at the OGR forum Link here http://ogrforum.ogaugerr.com/topic/old-driver-identification-and-new-locomotive?reply=72383129404944097#72383129404944097

Anyway thought I would post a few pictures of my new track choice for replacing my Gargraves track, as you know in my previous post my furry brakeman was stepping on the rail and causing me some issues with my longer locomotives.

I am now in the process of taking up the Gargraves, I hate doing this because I will have to redo the top of roadbed, smooth it out before putting down the Peco track, at which I stated in an earlier post is my favorite track choice for outdoor use because of it's durability and price over Atlas, Atlas track is good but at over $18.00 for a section of flex, it is know wander newcomers have a hard time getting into the hobby unless they are very wealthy or have a very rich uncle.

  I can get Peco for almost half the price. Just wish the Gargraves would have worked out, would have saved me a lot of money and aggravation. The good thing is I can still use the Gargraves when I build the layout into the shed for storage
 
I used Peco when I had my HO scale layout outdoors and for 2 years did not give me a bit of trouble.

Check out the pictures below.  
 




















Peco is code 143 so a bit smaller compared to Atlas Code 148, but I think if there is special sections I need that Atlas has, there should be no problem making it work with Peco.

Here is a view of the track pre bent for the layout, tie spacing is a bit wide USA, but once ballasted should not be to noticeable.


Here is the notice that the track is suitable for outdoor use

Here is how I am going to do the buss wire.

Here is the rail joiners, the little part that says conductive makes me laugh, of course they are conductive.

The rail joiners come off the sprue with minimal effort unlike other rail joiners from a different manufacture that will remain nameless, especially their HO Joiners.








Until Next Time.






No comments:

Post a Comment