My Blog List

Monday, February 13, 2017

Installing A New Can Motor Part 2


I thought I would post some more photos on my can motor install. The install is a cheap and quick  way of doing a re-motor. I have seen this technique used in HO scale and O scale with great success.


Overhead view of the install


The motor I used is a Pittman 8424,  I chose this motor because of recommendation from other forums we will see how it goes. I have to say so far I am impressed with it.

I Installed a NWSL 415-6 Flywheel, I don't really know if this size of Flywheel will make much difference in the running capability of the motor but just in case.  

I used silicone to help hold the motor in place. It makes a good dampener as well. Also here is a view of the old motor.


Here is another view of shaft connection using vacuum line.
Everyone until next time 


No comments:

Post a Comment