My Blog List

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Installing A New Can Motor In The 2-10-4 Part 1

Hello everyone, thought I would post about the replacing of the open frame motor on my KTM 2-10-4 with a can motor.  I would call  my method on doing this a quick and dirty way to installing a can motor.  I have seen other people doing this with very good results. I am sorry I didn't take any photos during the installation of the motor. 

Anyway I could not sleep the other night so I decided to work on the 2-10-4, was so involved in the install I forgot to take pictures, but below is a short film of the install running back and forth on the track,must say it seems to run very smooth.
there is also some pictures after the fact of the install 




Here is a overall view of the install with supplies

  
Tie Strap Clip, I use 2 of them in the install to set the motor on, I file down the top to help get the proper alignment of the motor and drive shafts or if needed I can add shims to the bottom for the alignment.



This photo shows the tie strap going through the strap clip
After installing the clips and adjusting the clips for shaft alignment I silicone the motor in place on top of the clips I let the silicone dry for 24 hours, Even without the tie strips the motor is very solid.   
I will Post Part 2 Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment